Saturday, November 7, 2015

Nike Women's Half Marathon San Francisco-Race Results

So I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles to hear about my results and the end of the race.  Or not :)

I've been super busy pretty much since the school year started.  In fact, today seemed to be the first weekend day that I didn't have anything on my agenda.  It's been glorious.  And now I'm here to wrap up my SF Nike Women's Half recap.

As I previously stated, I had three over all performance goals. And I came EXTREMELY close to hitting the most ambitious one.

Here is the breakdown of my run...probably more than you'll ever want to know.
So I was obviously monitoring time and attending to my goals during the run.  When I got to the top of the hill around mile 10 (dear God that was tough) I knew that I was definitely on track to beat goal #1 (faster than my last 1/2) and also goal #2 (be done by 9:30am).  What I didn't realize was how close I was to my PR time!  Part of it was due to the fact that I couldn't remember the exact time.  FAIL.  I thought it was either 2:24 or 2:26.  Turns out I was wrong on both accounts.
I was 29 seconds from setting a new PR.  29 seconds!!!!!!  If I had known that I was that close, I would have a) run more of the giant hill and b) not walked at mile 12 when I ate my last Shot Blok.  So yes, I was a little frustrated with myself (and the cell reception at the finish line b/c I couldn't get my phone to pull up my Shamrock time!); however, the fact that I was even that close to my time makes me happy.  This course was MUCH MUCH tougher than the fast, flat Virginia Beach course. I also know that I could have pushed myself harder.  What this means is....I'm going to BRING it at next year's Shamrock.  I'll elaborate more on this goal closer to the race.

My last Nike post will be a race review and detail the fun we had post-race in San Fran! 

No comments:

Post a Comment