Sunday, September 13, 2015

Running Research

So I conducted some very official running research today.  I'm thinking this is good practice for if/when I ever begin a doctoral program.  Now, based on my past career as a science fair judge, I believe I need to repeat this trial at least 3 more times to truly reflect on my data.

At this point, I'm sure your bursting with curiosity about said running research.  Whelp, I busted out some new running shoes today to see if it would jump start my long run slump.  I decided that since I've had some issues with my toes hitting the top of the shoe (yes, I have the right size...) I would attempt a strategy that I came across on Pinterest.  I figured it wouldn't hurt the situation and it's a free potential solution!

**Ignore that fact that the source appears to be drinksvelte.com?  I sweat I've seen this many other places, but this graphic was the most succinct.  Anyhow, today I tied my left shoe with this new way (top configuration)


and my right show the regular old way...

Here's the side-by-side comparison.

1. Laces Out!  Ace Ventura, anyone?!
2. I don't understand how the single foot shots are facing one way and the feet shot is facing the other.  I swear I took them all back to back.  Weird.

Anyhow, I know that you are DYING to know the results of my lace-off.  Yes, the left toes definitely seemed more comfortable and didn't seem to get pushed towards the front of the shoe as much.  BUT, while both feet had some blistering, the left foot had slightly more.  The blisters showed up in the area where they always do and there could be many factors-new shoes, recent pedicure, or the lacing pattern.  I'll let you know how trials #2 and #3 go.  I'm leaving them as they are for now.

And this is what I came home to...
Ruff life!

No comments:

Post a Comment