Thursday, September 3, 2015

Not so great runs

So yesterday I had a 40 minute tempo run on deck.  I made the decision in the morning to sleep more and not hit the gym as planned before work.  As a result, I had to go after work.

Yesterday was a LONG work day.  We arrived at our normal times and had to stay until 6:30 for our meet and greet night.  This is for parents and students to come and meet their new teacher.

Don't tell anyone, but I snuck out around 5:45 to head to the gym.  Hey, I was meeting a friend for dinner at 7:15 and had to be done!  Also, I had been there since 8 am!  Anyhow, I got to the gym, changed into my clothes, and saw my lifting friend on a treadmill.  She had an open one next to her, so I hopped on and we chatted for a bit.  She said seeing me motivated her to do extra cardio (she's more into weights, which I get!).  We took a quick selfie once she finished her cardio and headed off to do some chest work.  BTW, she's and awesome fitness champion and has a great FB group called Getting Fit For Life.  Look it up!


If she hadn't said that to me, I might have quit my run altogether.  Her words literally propelled me to finish my run.  I'm not even sure that I can call it a run, because I walked more than I should have.  Ugh.  Here's the end result.
And here's how I felt once it was done.
I know that not all runs are good, and this doesn't stress me out like it used to.  I was also reminded that what you put in your body affects your performance.  I've eaten like total crap, enjoying all the yummy food that is offered during teacher week.  I guess pizza for lunch isn't the best fuel for a 40 minute run...

No comments:

Post a Comment