Saturday, August 29, 2015

Three-A-Days

So this Thursday, I inadvertently committed to three workouts.  And I'm definitely paying for it today (Saturday), two days later.

Thursday morning started out with "Leg Day" at the gym with my weight training girl.  This was our last week of day time gym meet-ups because we're both back to school next week.  We did four leg exercises, most of which focused on the back of the legs with one that worked the inside and outside.
We did 4 rounds of 10-12 reps for each exercise-dead lifts, hamstring curls, calf extensions, and side squats off a step with a leg lift.  These were actually really good for me, because I seem to end up focusing on the quads and front of my leg and need more work developing the back muscles to even it out.

Here's our post-Leg Day selfie.
My friend always comments about how much she sweats on leg day.  Any leg work is going to activate some cardio because the legs are such a big muscle group.  Bonus!

I did my normal Thursday routine-3 miles of hill repeats after walking the dogs to loosen up the legs a bit.  Then I headed to the beach to catch as many rays as possible before school starts.

I ended the day with Form by Force bootcamp.  Holy cow, what an amazing workout.  I love that it's super varied every time and the coaches really push/motivate you.  For Hampton Roads locals, you can find out more details and register for a session here.  

The coaches are always snapping pictures and taking videos during the session.  Nothing like some potential camera time to make you tighten up and keep moving.  Well, I made their Instagram feed this week.
Too bad my butt was WAY high up in the air, showing off some bad plank form.  My friend who also went did point out that this was my 2nd or 3rd trip through the obstacle course and I was clearly tired.  I was also my THIRD workout of the day.  YIKES?!

Anyone else out there ever done a three-a-day?


No comments:

Post a Comment