Friday, August 21, 2015

Hill Repeats

So I'm running THIS RACE in October.  I am so excited.  I love all the things involved-Nike, Tiffany & Co, San Fran (granted I've never been there, but I'm pumped to go!). I'm obsessed with all things Tiffany and LOVE that the finisher medal is a necklace from there.  I literally have not taken off the one I get after the DC half in April of 2014.  I wear it under all my other necklaces.

I also love Nike apparel and shoes.  Sadly, I haven't been able to run in any Nike shoes-see here about the shoe thing.  I have created a Nike/Tiffany inspired race outfit that I will share closer to the day.  Yes, I've had it for about a month now and the race is in October.  I'm THAT excited.

Anyhow, I have read about a million reviews on the race, the course, etc.  I know that it's hilly and at approximately mile 9 or 10ish I will be running uphill for a mile straight.  Dear God help me.  In order to not die there and miss out on another Tiffany finisher medal, I have been trying to incorporate some hill work into my runs.

Unfortunately, actually fortunately for this runner usually, I live in a very flat area.  Like you have to actively seek out hills and they are usually found on bridges over water or at Mt. Trashmore.  So for the past three weeks, my Thursday run has consisted of three up and over repetitions of this bridge.
So this might not look like a big hill from this view point.  Confession, I had already walked back to my car and cooled down and wasn't trying to walk any further back towards it :)  One full up, over, and back rep is a little under 1 mile.  So three attempts gets me to the 3 miles I need on the book for Thursdays.  My goal has been to 1. Run more/as much as possible each week, and/or 2. Get faster, i.e. log a faster overall pace.

Any other ideas on how to prep for this SF course?

No comments:

Post a Comment